Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
Open Heart Surgery
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Valley Regional Medical Cente r is currently looking for a Certified Nurse Technician (CNA)
Performs direct patient care under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse. Fulfills departmental responsibilities that foster the goals of the hospital's mission and vision statements.
1. Performs patient data collection and documentation using the appropriate computer system.
2. Gathers accurate data through clinical skills (i.e., vital signs, I/O, monitoring equipment, such as glucometer and oxygen saturation monitor).
3. Interpretation, recognition, and timely reporting of cardiac rhythm changes or life threatening dysrhythmias.
4. Set up, maintenance, and tear down of medical/hospital records.
5. Accurate transcription of licensed independent practitioner orders.
6. Telephone etiquette – communication of interdepartmental and clinical information in a timely manner.
7. Performs basic patient care and skills necessary to prevent skin breakdown, VAP, CLS (i.e. assists patients: up in chair, walking, or with oral care and/or basic hygiene).
8. Maintains staff members' access to supplies through knowledge of and adherence to unit stocking procedures.
9. Controls supply costs through use of scanning procedures and equipment.
10. Ability to perform and adhere to Infection Control as well as patient and facility safety practices (hand washing, cleaning of equipment, and maintenance of the patients' immediate care area).
High School Diploma /GED preferred
Completion of Nursing Assistant/Technician training or Certification as Nursing Assistant/Technician or equivalent experience/training or completion of fundamentals nursing course
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.