Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32 bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350 bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is required to assist with procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab to include the delivery of non narcotic medications to Cath Lab, and Cath Lab medical staff and licensed staff during procedures. This is accomplished as a non interruptive single task from one point to the other. The CVT will assist in operating and troubleshooting of general equipment, scrubbing, procedural hemodynamic monitoring, and positioning patients. The CVT will also be responsible for charging supplies and cases after each procedure is completed. The CVT performs in collaboration with other members of the health care delivery team to deliver quality patient care. This position is also cross trained to assist in EP Lab, Heart Recovery, non invasive procedures to include EKG and Stress testing. Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units' specific patient population served.
1. Operates radiographic equipment, and digital equipment.
2. Prepares or assists with patient preparation, provides instruction to patient, assists with transportation of patients.
3. Assists in procedures in capacity of scrub tech, monitoring tech or radiologic technologist.
4. Functions in all aspects of the Cardiac Cath Lab, with the exception of medication administration.
5. Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are maintained.
6. Prepares equipment at the start of each day, assures quality controls are performed on equipment.
7. Assures Radiation Safety during procedures, assures staff are wearing monitoring badges and protective equipment.
8. Assists with code arrest situations during procedures, including CPR and defibrillation.
9. Assists Director with PI data collection and report generation.
10. Assists in EP Lab, Heart Recovery, non invasive procedures to include EKG and Stress testing.
11. Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for invasive and non invasive areas, assures charges are completed each day and ensures daily departmental pharmaceutical needs are met.
12. Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care of the patients in Non invasive stress testing and the Interventional Unit on a rotational and/or as needed basis.
13. Maintains professional development and license requirements.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Must have one of the following;
Registry in Radiologic Technologists
RCIS or RCVT certification
Minimum of 2 years recent cath lab experience
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire date.
RCIS certification within 2 years of hire date.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Graduate of an Accredited Cardiovascular technology college.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.