Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186 private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves and delivers patient food, nourishments and beverages to patients, staff, guests, and physicians. Assembles trays according to menus, recipes, and diet restrictions. Follows safety and sanitation guidelines.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: medical/surgical conditions and diseases cardiovascular, neuro, GI, renal, immunocompromised including but not limited to: CHF, CAD, CVA/TIA, metabolic disorders, oncology, COPD, malnourished, etc.
Serves the food, beverage, and nourishment for patients.
Assembles patient food, beverage, and nourishments according to menus.
Prepares snacks according to menus.
Completes production for patients.
Delivers trays and snacks in a timely manner.
Disposes of area waste.
Sweeps and mops assigned areas & maintains work area cleaned and organized.
Complies with all HACCP,TDH, JCAHO and safety and sanitation guidelines.
Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
1. Food Handler's Card preferred. Must obtain 30 days of hire.
1. High School degree or equivalent preferred.
2. Must be able to read, write, speak English
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Experience in hospital environment.
2. Experience in patient meal production and diet specifications.
3. Verbal and written communication should be professional and effective.
4. Communication in Spanish.
5. Physical ability to lift, carry heavy supplies and stand for long periods of time.
6. Experience with cash register and money handling.
7. Previous experience in food and beverage services.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.