Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world's first 16 way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.sahealth.com/ and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
The Histology Technician I prepares and processes tissue specimens for examination and diagnosis by a pathologist; maintains instruments, and performs and monitors quality control.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares and processes surgical, autopsy, bone marrow, body fluids, and biopsy specimens for gross and microscopic examination by a pathologist.
2. Prepares frozen sections of surgical specimens for microscopic examination by a pathologist.
3. Prepares solutions for stains and special procedures.
4. Performs preventive maintenance on common instruments and keeps records of maintenance as prescribed.
5. Understands and performs basic quality control: identifies quality control problems, participates in quality assurance monitors.
6. Answers telephones, communicates verified test results by phone, types procedures, files paperwork and slides, faxes documents, and performs data entry/retrieval as may be required, assists with inventory of supplies.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certificates Required: High school graduation or equivalent plus 1 year experience in clinical or histopathology preferred in the last 3 years.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.