Memorial Hospital is a 418 bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, a state of the art Spine Clinic, and Memorial's maternity center, Special Beginnings. Responsible for delivering care to assigned patients in compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies and procedures.
1. Prepares patient for procedure and assists with diagnostic testing and/or treatment.
2. Assesses and monitors patient condition, recognizing potentially critical situations.
3. Administers medication correctly and as ordered by physician. Initiates immediate appropriate nursing intervention when needed.
4. Effectively communicates with staff and physician, pre and post procedures.
5. Understands and practices proper use of all patient care equipment and safely operates equipment within manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
6. Where appropriate, ensures proper radiation protection for self, the patient, staff and physician.
7. Provides patient and family education regarding procedure and post procedure instructions to include exam treatment and outcome.
8. Ensures proper documentation of patient status and care provided for each procedure.
9. Perform all Quality Control checks as assigned and prescribed. Maintains accurate Quality Control logs, service records, patient logs, etc. Maintains supply inventory.
10. Performs all duties as outlined in the Memorial Health Imaging Services Policy and Procedures Manual and any other policy supplements.
11. Follows all Infection Control and Safety Procedures as outlined in the hospital's Infection Control Policy and Procedures Manual.
12. Advocates and ensures adherence to all TJC, state and federal requirements.
13. Helps move patient onto and off of exam tables. Transports patients when necessary.
14. Monitors patients before and after exams.
15. Makes sure patients are comfortable while waiting.
16. Interacts with radiologists/ARNP/PAs and other physicians as required.
17. Starts/Removes IVs when necessary.
18. Assists in keeping the department clean and orderly.
19. Inserts/removes Foley catheters as required.
20. Remains up to date on facility/department procedures.
21. Conducts risk management procedures and ensures proper documentation and timely submission of incident/variance reports.
22. Displays good knowledge of fire safety and disaster preparedness procedures.
23. Follows infection control policies and procedures as well as ensuring that proper infection control practices and procedures are being followed by all staff personnel.
24. Provides nursing assistance in other Imaging departments as may be needed.
High school diploma. Graduate from an Accredited Nursing program.
Current Florida RN License, American Heart Association BLS and ACLS. Must obtain Dysrhytmia Certification with 30 days of hire.
One year RN experience.
3 years special procedures RN.
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.