Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital. Our acute care hospital is located in the heart of Silicon Valley with two locations, the main campus in San Jose and Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos. Good Samaritan Hospital is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques. We were the first of five hospitals in the country and the first in Santa Clara County to become a Stroke Certified Hospital.
The Diagnostic Imaging teams are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
SCHEDULE: 0.8 (32 hours per week), SHIFT: Days with rotating weekends.
Performs the following principal duties as assigned: assembles and reviews inpatient, and outpatient film records to ensure completeness of documentation, OR processes requests for patient information in response to proper written authorization.
Conducts self and communicates with staff, physicians, other departments, and the public in such a way that promotes positive morale and a professional, knowledgeable image of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. One semester or equivalent experience in use of computers and one college level semester of medical terminology preferred.
2. 2 years experience in a medical/hospital environment preferred.
3. Mental application involving variations in procedure and frequent interruptions. Some exacting concentration required. Works with productivity expectations and deadlines to meet.
4. Position is primarily sitting with some walking, reaching, lifting and sufficient manual dexterity to file/retrieve records and operate office machines and computers. Speaking English clearly and hearing clearly are essential for communication. Good vision is required to read reports and records and operate office machines safely.
5. Uses typical office equipment including computers, printers, copiers, fax machines. Appropriate caution must be exercised when using such equipment to prevent damage and/or injury to self or others.
6. Normal caution required for an office environment. Must practice good posture when seated, and appropriate techniques when reaching, bending, stooping or lifting supplies, equipment or records. Must wear lab coats to promote a professional appearance appropriate to hospital environment.
7. Requires knowledge of sensitive patient information, medical staff practices and hospital functions. Inappropriate release of information could have serious consequences for the patient, hospital, medical staff or employee. Inappropriate access to patient records or release of information could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
8. Completes work according to established plans or procedures. Some responsibility exists for organizing own time and work. Variations in work require some application of initiative, resourcefulness and judgment to solve problems.
9. Interpersonal and communication skills required to deal effectively and promote
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.