Since 1976, HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150 acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is currently looking for an Infection Prevention Coordinator
· The Infection Prevention Coordinator is responsible for identifying health and safety risk factors associated with a hospital environment which may impact illnesses or injuries associated with patients and/or healthcare workers.
· The Infection Prevention Coordinator plays a role in eliminating health and safety risk factors in a systematic and cost effective manner.
· When performing clinical care, the staff member in this job category is responsible for consideration of developmental issues of assigned populations in each of the age groups identified in the Position Responsibility section.
· Supportive of the ethics and compliance programs set forth by HCA.
· Upholds code of conduct.
· Adheres to dealing appropriately and fairly with employee misconduct.
· Enforces all ethics and compliance policies as they pertain to his/her area.
· Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities
Adheres to policies on appropriate access.
· Respects patient and healthcare confidentiality.
· Assists with administering Environmental Health Programs in collaboration with, all departments, Management Leadership and designated hospital committees.
· Assists with provision of environmental health educational programs of all personnel in the hospital in collaboration with Leadership Management, hospital safety officers and Education Department.
· Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
· Integrates environmental health issues into the organizations primary functions.
· Sets high standards of performance goals and works diligently to achieve them.
· Coordinates infection prevention patient education for select hospital populations.
· Coordinates daily management of patients identified with multidrug resistant organisms.
· Demonstrates strong knowledge set in regard to infection prevention and is a point of contact resource for patients and/or family members, employees and physicians.
License / Certifications / Requirements
· If a nurse, current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners.
· Requires a bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field.
· Preferred Board Certification in Infection Control or degree in Public Health.
Minimum of one year of clinical experience. Prior infection control experience preferred.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.