· Resource Office Home Department- Emergency Department
· 72 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
· Shift -Nights
BSN strongly preferred. Please confirm BSN completed and in hand at time of application
At UCHealth, we do things differently We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job- It's a passion.
Summary - Travel RN – Emergency Department – North Region Market - Medical Center of the Rockies, Loveland, CO, Poudre Valley Hospital and Harmony Freestanding ED, Fort Collins, and Greeley Hospital ED, Greeley, CO Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
Travel RN for our Emergency Department – North Region Market (float to all North Region EDs) - Nights
VARIED, 6 weekend shifts per scheduled period.
2+ years ED experience in high volume high acuity facilities.
BLS, ACLS, PALS OR ENPC, TNCC
As a UCHealth RN Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains. To be considered as a UCHealth Traveler you must NOT be a current employee, and you must reside more than 75 miles away from the facility in which you will be working.
Our UCHealth RN Travelers also reap the rewards and benefits of travel nursing. Job duties
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
· Graduate of an accredited (ACEN or CCNE) Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience.
· 6 months registered nurse experience.
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· BLS, ACLS, PALS OR ENPC, TNCC, NIHSS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS, ACLS, PALS OR ENPC, TNCC, NIHSS card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Skills and Abilities:
· Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
· Experience in a teaching/academic hospital
· Two years traveling experience
· 2+ years Emergency Department RN experience
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here. Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today! UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.