This position has dual reporting relationship to the Vice President, Strategy and Planning and Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs. Position is based in Aurora, Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
* Bachelor's degree in related field.
* Minimum of five years of experience working in health care strategy or related field.
* Master's degree in health care administration, business administration or public health.
* Experience managing large-scale projects.
* Supervisory experience.
* Demonstrated interest in public policy or community benefit.
Skills and abilities
* Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills that can inform decision making.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Must be able to commute between facilities throughout the UCHealth network and state of Colorado.
* Must be able to present to and communicate effectively with providers and executive-level audiences.
Duties and responsibilities
* Works collaboratively with health system, local market and medical group leadership to develop, document, monitor and coordinate strategies and plans.
* Leads the development of complex business cases and related analytics to evaluate potential partnerships and new opportunities.
* Collaborates with regional senior management teams and service line leaders to facilitate annual planning in alignment with system-wide strategy.
* Leads the development of competitive assessments of health care related providers and activities in the market.
* Conducts analysis, research and business plan development to evaluate new programs and services.
* Maintains knowledge of industry trends.
* Researches, monitors, analyzes and synthesizes various health policy issues and concepts which are pertinent to Colorado and UCHealth.
* Coordinates the implementation of the system-wide community benefit investment strategy and the annual community benefit report for the system.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.