We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
This position is for a Nurse in the Burn Center ICU.
* Up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for those who qualify.
* We are now a level 1 designated trauma center.
Only ABA verified Burn Center in the state and in the region
* Burn Center since 1978
* Over 400 Burn service admissions last year
* ABA verified since 1998
* Robust Outreach, Volunteer and Soar peer support programs
* 19 mixed acuity adult inpatient beds with an ambulatory clinic.
Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. We not only treat patients with burn injuries, but we also treat patients with other soft tissue injuries including but not limited to: frostbite, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, TENS, Necrotizing Fasciitis, DRESS syndrome, and pemphigus vulgaris
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
* Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
* Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
* Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years of experience.
* 6 months nursing experience.
* State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
* Bachelor's degree in nursing
* 6 months of burn experience strongly preferred
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.