Summary: Validates and improves the integrity of coding data and related documentation.
FTE Status: Full Time
FTE: 1.000000 (FTE x 80 = hours per pay period)
Responsibilities: Researches and resolves issues with clinical data and resolves discrepancies between the EMR and related databases.
Works collaboratively with colleagues and business customers to develop and track performance metrics, including quality and cost savings.
Performs routine and ad-hoc reporting to evaluate performance and to identify opportunities for process improvements.
Provides support with implementing system analysis, updates, and changes.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Required Licensure/Certification: None required
3 years of data analysis or coding work experience.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in related field.
* Performs high-quality chart reviews/abstractions and audits in conjunction with established guidelines. Ensure all work products are compliant with national recognized patient care processes and clinical outcomes.
* Responsible and accountable for the organization and analysis of data in support of process improvement initiatives for various clinical program areas.
* Develop and generate outcome and variance reports.
* Works closely with data analysts in designing new tools and reports to facilitate more efficient collection, analysis and distribution of data.
* Act as an educational resource for other members of the clinical quality analytics team. Provides education to other clinical quality team on measure specifications and opportunities for improvement. Ability to research information and translate to other team members and into daily work.
* Works in partnership with clinical documentation improvement team to improve documentation accuracy of clinical care.
* Ability to understand and translate case variance to physicians, nurses and staff.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to produce high level and accurate presentations, excellent attention to detail, clear articulate communication, ability to receive feedback constructively, and demonstrated ability to work with team members to effectively present reports and analysis.
* Ability to work independently with approximately 80% of time at a computer.
* RN or clinical experience preferred. Experience with chart abstraction of clinical data required.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.