Facility: UCHealth Medical Group - South, Colorado Springs CO Department: UCHlthMG Integrity Urg Care E (15101220) - PRN (FTE must be 0) - Varies - Flex - All Shifts/Combo of Shifts - Graduation from a school of nursing - Certification Required - Licensure Required - Experience is required
Delivers care to patients,performing established nursing procedures utilizing population-specificguidelines within an urgent care environment. Triages walk-in and call-in patients and assesses per approvedprotocols.
* Performs assessment and triage ofwalk-in patients per protocol. Handlesemergency situations. Utilizes thenursing process to coordinate and provide patient care. Provides safe, accurate and clinicallycompetent direct care to patients and families, recognizing patient needs.
* Seeks appropriate assistance anduses clinic resources to enhance clinical decision making. Prepares patients for examinations. Obtains health history information, takesaccurate vital signs, and reviews medications. Documents plan of care.
* Assists with office procedures. Administerstreatments and performs diagnostic testing as ordered by the physician. Administers injections and medications.Performs IV therapy as ordered by physicians. Documents phone calls per protocol.
* Intervenes in complex patient andfamily situations. Utilizes community resources. Utilizes the nursing processbased on research and evidence-based outcomes.
* Graduate of an accreditedRegistered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience.Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
* 6 months of nursing experience
* State licensure as a RegisteredNurse (RN).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) HealthcareProvider.
* ACLS required within 90 days ofhire.
* PALS preferred.
* 2 years nursing experience preferred.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative healthcare system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires theperfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We arelooking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine isever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. Wesupport creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinaryqualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power tomake sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to yourpotential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciatesthe rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversitycan offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunityemployer, UCHealth committed to making all employment decisions based on validrequirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms,conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated againstbecause of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, nationalorigin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation,gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with adisability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and willmake reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on theorganization.
Internal Number: 630
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.