Facility: UCHealth Medical Group - South, Colorado Springs CO Department: Falcon Urgent Care (15102156) - PRN (FTE must be 0) - varies - Flex - All Shifts/Combo of Shifts
Performs routine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area or office.
* Under the direction and supervision of a provider or nurse, assists with performing patient care.
* Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection. Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents patient care given.
* Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting. Maintains examination areas.
* Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
* High School diploma or GED.
* CMA/RMA required within 60 days of hire.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) HealthcareProvider.
Due to the nature of responsibilities for Medical Assistants within the above stated department, thebelow preferences are requirements for consideration.
* Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as:
* Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership fromAmerican Medical Technologists (AMT),
* Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership fromAmerican Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
* Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of currentmembership from National Health career Association (NHA)
* National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of currentmembership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
Completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited institution and ability to obtain registration/certification from one of the above certifying bodies within 60 days of hire.
UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: afocus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist toimprove the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. AsColorado's largest and most innovative healthcare system, we as a team deliveron the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients andtheir families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedomto live extraordinary lives. A career UCHealth is more than a job, it's apassion.
Going beyond quality requires theperfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We arelooking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine isever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. Wesupport creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinaryqualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power tomake sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to yourpotential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciatesthe rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversitycan offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunityemployer, UCHealth committed to making all employment decisions based on validrequirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms,conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated againstbecause of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, nationalorigin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation,gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with adisability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and willmake reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on theorganization.
Internal Number: 990
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.