Responsible to perform both Ophthalmic Assistant and front desk/call center duties. This position will require 100% travel to cover all 5 Eye Center locations (Anschutz, Boulder, Colorado Center, LoDo and Lone Tree
* Performs basic optometric testing procedures, diagnostic testing, administration of medications and tasks delegated by the eye care provider.
* Assists with minor procedures and prescription refill process under the direction of eye care provider.
* Performs documentation, patient education and enters charges. Assists with the flow of patient care
* Meets with patient and/or patient's caregiver to exchange necessary information and documentation.
* Provides explanation of visit, instructions, and addresses concerns and questions
* Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to financial counselors for follow up.
* Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, authorization and other appropriate information is obtained and entered in the registration system with timeliness and accuracy.
* Verifies insurance benefits and obtains pre-certification/authorization as necessary.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Ophthalmic Medical Assisting Independent Study Course or JCAHPO Career Advancement Tool (JCAT) within one year of hire
* 2 years of healthcare experience, including at least one year of optometry, optical or ophthalmology experience
* Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (OSC) within 30 days of hire - OR - Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA); Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider-BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Internal Number: 8212
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.