Facility: UCHealth Medical Group - South, Colorado Springs CO Department: UCHlthMG Integrity Urg Care E (15101220) - PRN (FTE must be 0) - Varies - Flex - All Shifts/Combo of Shifts - Certification Required - Licensure Required
Provides emergent/urgent patient care under the direction of a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner and/or registered nurse.
* Coordinatesflow of patients in the department to optimize throughput; keeps patientsapprised of delays.
* Observes patientsand notifies the provider and/or RN immediately if patient appears in distress.Prepares patients to see the provider; assists prior to, during, and followingexamination.
* Insertsfoley catheters, performs complex splinting, and performs venipuncture for thepurpose of drawing blood or inserting a saline lock.
* Maintainsexam and treatment rooms and other areas. Cleans equipment followingestablished guidelines. Ensures that established standard supply levels aremaintained; orders supplies as directed.
* Successful completion of ONE of the following programs: Medical Assistant; Emergency Medical Technician; Licensed Practical Nurse; or equivalent military coursework.
* BasicLife Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
* IV proficiency within 6 months of hire; memorandum of understanding to be signed at time of hire.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative healthcare system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion
Going beyond qualityrequires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectualcuriosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that theworld of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, notwhat is easy. We support creativity andcuriosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities withinourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you growand have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today !
UCHealth recognizes andappreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employmentand diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committedto making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated againstin any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise bediscriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion,gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexualorientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information orveteran status. UCHealth does notdiscriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" asdefined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonableaccommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Internal Number: 615
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.