The Program Therapist primarily provides group facilitation, individual and family therapy and documentation within the context of the Behavioral Health and Mental Health setting.
1. Provides individual/family therapy assessments and on-going therapy as scheduled and as needed.
2. Provides group facilitation as scheduled.
3. Develops therapeutic relationships with patients in Program while maintaining good boundaries.
4. Knowledgeable about cross-cultural issues regarding patients and has ability to adapt to such. Ability to work with diverse backgrounds and DSM diagnosis.
5. Meets with individual patients for psychosocial assessment, groups and continued treatment as needed.
6. Provides thorough documentation of all individual/group sessions, treatment plans and up-dates meeting standards of medical necessity.
7. Completes all daily charge sheets for all sessions attended by patients.
8. Attends weekly treatment planning sessions as possible as an active member of the treatment team as appropriate. Reports on patientsï¿½ progress or status and actively supports final team direction for patient care.
9. Assists with completion of the Discharge Aftercare Plan.
10. Assist with the coordination/management of all patients as time allows.
11. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations are attended to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise as well as fulfilling requirement mandated for education to retain license.
12. Participates in Program staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned. Attends all meetings as required.
13. Demonstrates competence in the care of children/transitional age youth, middle adult and geriatric adult (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patientï¿½s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities. Patients are treated with sensitivity according to their needs and age. Patient Rights are respected.
Minimum Education/Certification/Experience: ï¿½ CA Licensed MFT or LCSW ï¿½ 2 years working with psychiatric patients ï¿½ Masters required
Job: Therapy and Rehabilitation
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905031220
About Hi-Desert Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.