·Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a CNC.
Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma Center in South Denver: Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado, part of HealthONE, serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for neurotrauma and as the region’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, a recognized leader in the most advanced stroke care. Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty and is an eight time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award and a Top 100 Hospital recognized by Reuters. An acute care hospital with 368 licensed beds, Swedish is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 100 years. Annually, Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,300 physicians. At Swedish Medical Center, our staff is at the heart of delivering on our promise of Swedish Memorable Care. As a respected medical provider, Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medial specialty. Recognized by the patients we treat every day, we are a four-time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award. Centers of Excellence Swedish, a Level I Trauma Center, offers eight distinct centers of excellence: Bariatric Surgery Center, Cancer Care Center, Emergency Services, The Heart Center, Neurosciences, including The Stroke Center, Orthopedic Services, Spine Program, Trauma Center, Women and Children’s Services.
Why Choose Swedish?
• We are one of Denver’s Level I Trauma Centers
• We offer a multidisciplinary collaborative approach to learning in the OR
• 21 state-of-the-art operating rooms
• Center of Excellence for Neurosciences & Regional Neurotrauma Referral Center
• Support OR Nurses in attending annual AORN Conference and Expo
Our Service Lines:
• Trauma Surgery
• Neurosurgery including awake Deep Brain Stimulation
• General/Colon & Rectal Surgery
• Foregut/Esophageal Surgery
• Robotics (We offer the DaVinci Si robot)
• Regional leader in Cochlear implants
• Advanced ENT
• Facial Trauma/Maxilofacial
• Fully integrated, Swedish Orthopedic Center
• Burn and Reconstructive Center
***Generous sign on and relocation bonus offered to experienced candidate.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator provides leadership through the collaboration of the Director/Designee through planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for patients.The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patients. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: fiscal, human resource, and operational functions. The Clinical Nurse Coordinator performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Swedish Medical Center and displays positive support for the overall goals, values and mission of Swedish Medical Center.
Current Colorado Registered Nurse License (may work on a current RN compact license for the first 180 days of employment). Current BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications through AHA – all areas.
Bachelor Science Nursing or actively pursuing with completion within 3 years of hire required. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Minimum of 2 years clinical RN experience required. Two years progressive supervisory or charge nurse experience preferred. Able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
Demonstrates the ability to have direct patient care and charge nurse responsibilities. Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in all interactions. Adheres to all departmental safety initiatives. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written manners. Participates in counseling and guidance of personnel. Ability to assume leadership role with the health team in planning and delivery of patient care.
1.Demonstrated competence with patient care information systems.
2.Strong planning, analytical and written skills.
3.Ability to utilize and coach others in the nursing process.
4.Ability to utilize database, spreadsheet, word processing to conduct analysis of statistical reports.
5.Ability to educate, coach and mentor staff using adult learning principles.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Minimal. Individual proceeds on own initiative, in compliance with the philosophy, policies, procedures and practices of SMC and in frequent collaboration with the Director/Designee.
Based on experience and continuous assessment and progress by Director/Designee. Orientation includes formal nursing department orientation of 2-4 days during first 2 weeks of employment.
Job Responsibilities & Job Knowledge:
Meets the expectations and assumes accountability for all on-going job responsibilities. Balances unexpected tasks while performing on-going responsibilities under ordinary direction and minimal supervision. Current and proficient on job-related knowledge, skills, and industry changes. Demonstrates understanding of job relative to Hospital Operations.
1. Identifies and effectively assists in implementation of strategic plans. Actively participates in department and hospital strategic planning and effectively implements new programs and services.
2. Maintains an effective competency and staff development program.
3. Responsible for day-to-day operations such as: processing payroll, managing department expenses, participating on hospital committees, processing employee evaluations, managing personnel issues. Does so in an effective and timely manner in order to meet the needs of the department and organization.
4. Maintains a departmental staffing plan that meets the needs of the customer and is responsive to the changing census.
5. Ensures compliance with TJC standards; federal, state and local regulatory guidelines.
6. Communicates hospital needs and expectations as well as pertinent information to staff in a timely manner.
7. Assures an appropriate skill mix and staffing levels in accordance with volume demands.
8. Creates/fosters a positive environment; leads by example and by holding staff accountable for their behaviors and attitudes (compassionate, professional, communicative).
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Implements all measures to insure patient safety including but not limited to:
• Understands Fall Policy and Core Measures and assures implementation of appropriate measures/precautions
• Discusses safety precautions with patients and family
• Understands Medication Safety Procedures and assures implementation of safe medication administration practices.
Consistently, accurately, and completely performs all job responsibilities. Efficiently demonstrates cost consciousness by organizing work processes within established deadlines, and using supplies, equipment, and time according to budgetary guidelines.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements resource management strategies.
2. Executes job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
3. Maintains staffing patterns/numbers according to patient acuity, case load and in compliance with hospital policy.
Assumes accountability for identifying problems and issues, generating solutions, and anticipating effects of decision.
1. Analyzes systems and recommends appropriate system changes that enhance healthcare services and delivery.
2. Is receptive to change or new ways of doing things.
3. Exercises professional judgment when addressing problems as evidenced by a satisfactory resolution (approaches problem with systematic and critical thinking, utilizes appropriate resources, maintains a positive attitude, and involves leadership when needed).
4. Effectively responds to issues/problems pertinent to departmental services that effectively meet the needs of the customers and staff.
Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff to maximize performance and growth.
1. Provides supervision, leadership, and direction to staff in a manner that fosters a positive, productive work environment.
2. Provides opportunities for and supports staff career development.
3. Assures the qualifications and competence of departmental staff through validation of licenses, certification, education, training and competencies.
4. Displays the ability to be perceptive and sensitive to the needs of the group that are being supervised.
a. Available to meet with employees to discuss concerns
b. Holds regular staff meetings
c. Encourages staff to utilize the chain of command to resolve problems.
5. Interview applicants for staff positions and makes recommendations to Director/Designee.
6. Counsels, coaches and mentors personnel concerning performance and behavior. Addresses staff problems in a professional and timely manner. Appropriately involves Director/Designee and/or HR.
7. Manages departmental employees in a fair, competent manner thereby promoting high employee morale. Is responsive to employee input/concerns. Encourages employee participation in decision-making and recognition of employee achievements.
8. Completes written performance evaluations on all assigned personnel by evaluation date.
9. Ensures that new employees are adequately oriented and socialized to the department to facilitate employee satisfaction and retention of staff.
10. Seeks out opportunities for ongoing personal and professional development.
11. Is accountable for fair, consistent application and adherence to policies and procedures
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs
·If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.