HealthONE® is the largest healthcaresystem in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees.
As part of the HealthONE family, The Medical Centerof Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s MedicalCenter, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky RidgeMedical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospitalwork together to provide a higher level of care.
In addition, our family of services includes sixhospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgerycenters, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers,and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportationacross a 10-state region.
Ourcolleagues come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sureyour needs are met.
401(k) with 100%Annual Match
Paid Family Leave
FinancialWellness and Coaching
Education andCollege Advising
HealthOne is currently looking for a Surgical Tech inour C.A.R.E. Division wide Float Pool – PRN available; mixed shifts.
General Statement of Duties:Under the direction of a RegisteredNurse contributes to the company’smission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a definedscope of practice that may include: direct patient care and observation;scrubbing and assisting surgeon at the operative field; surgical room turnoverbetween cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in themedical record; and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse inclinical decision making.
C.A.R.E Pool Surgical Tech’sare required to work the following:
Hours per Pay Period: Tier III (Specialty technician):Minimum hours, weekend commitment, and demographic location determined by thegroup and POD in the HealthONE CARE pool Agreement.
Holiday Requirements: TierIII (Specialty technician) per diem: 1 Major or 1 minor holiday, and 1difficult to staff day annually. TierIII benefited: 1 Major and 1 minor holiday, and 1 difficult to staff dayannually.
HealthONEC.A.R.E Pool employees will be required to float to all HealthONE facilitieswithin the chosen pod. C.A.R.E Pool employees will be scheduled in units inwhich they have competencies. C.A.R.E Pool employees can be placed in a unitbelow their competency level with a modified assignment.
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologyprogram
SurgicalTechnicians (Tier III) are required to have a current State of ColoradoSurgical Registry
CSTCertification from NBSTSA (preferred)
CurrentBasic Life Support (BLS) required at time of hire
Minimumof at least two years of surgical scrub technician experience for Tier III.
Advancedknowledge in the scrub role and ability to work in the majority of surgicalspecialties.
Demonstratesgood organizational skills.
Providessafe and appropriate patient care within the Values & Standards.
Displaysappropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
Communicatespositively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specializedknowledge and skills required for the role of the surgical technician inaccordance with AST (Association of Surgical Technologist) and other regulatorystandards of practice.
2. Experienced in all aspects as aseptic technique, setting up therequired equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases;pulling cases as needed; and breaking down cases at the end of the procedure.
3. Knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, equipment, and supplyneeds for all types of surgical procedures.
4. May come in contact with medications and therefore mustdemonstrate understanding of proper medication management and storage as wellas maintaining a secure medication environment
5. Performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope ofpractice and functions within the philosophy
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.