HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare networkwhere 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committedto creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists togive people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver greatoutcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learnand grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected tosomething bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and morepossibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most toour diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute besthealthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just forourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will bestsuit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverageplans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll inadditional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spendingaccounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repaymentprograms.
Are you looking for a company that places integrityover their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded oncompassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others inneed.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of ourcolleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed inour organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious VP of Surgical Services to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potentialhere!
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, faster than any other facility in the world, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center.
Position Summary Drives operational excellence throughout the service area and leads growth of service line volume within facility, development of new programs and advancement of existing ones. Partners with senior administrators, executives and professional staff to distinguish his/her facilities’ services and experience in the eyes of the physician, patient and consumers.
Executes Strategy by: • Scanning the competitive environment, leading business planning process and providing strategies to drive profitable service line growth while reducing costs per case.
• Partnering closely with senior executives, sales and marketing executives and service line management to enable growth strategies.
• Developing business case, including financials, for new program development and capital projects.
• Identifying and driving new physician and volume opportunities for the hospital ensuring alignment with clinical leaders.
• Working together with marketing and physician relations executives to promote the services to physicians and consumers.
• Collaborating with physicians to develop and foster positive working relationships.
Increases Operational Efficiency by: • Monitoring key operational and financial metrics for improvement opportunities.
• Driving process improvement within the service line to increase employee engagement and physicians satisfaction.
• Enabling finding solutions to problems that get in the way of differentiated service.
• Working with hospital administrative team and department director(s) for program development, implementation, execution monitoring and evaluation of services at the hospital.
• Ensuring physician and professional staff have the necessary equipment to perform.
• Participating in hospital annual budgeting process related to service line.
• Engaging with national, division and facility service lines leaders to obtain and share best practices in service line.
• Supporting the recruitment process to secure staffing talent.
Improves Clinical Outcomes by: • Supporting a positive patient experience by providing optimal cost effective delivery of services by physicians and professional staff within a safe department
• Ensuring that oversight, processes and resources are in place to improve clinical outcomes
• Enabling clinical excellence by aligning goals with the clinical leaders and removing barriers for clinical practice as needed
• Communicating to clinical leaders any matters that can affect the clinical operations and deferring clinical judgments to those leaders
• Participating in rounding with patients and meeting with physicians and staff to ensure a high quality patient experience
• Collaborating with the facility surgical procedure schedulers focusing on accurate data collection and customer service to increase the surgical volume
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourageyou to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualifiedyou will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so applytoday!
We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Experience: •Master's degree
•3+ years of experience in healthcare
•3+ years of experience in business development
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors: • Proven success in setting strategic direction and develop business plans to promote growth
• Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action and multiple priorities
• Demonstrated ability to lead and promote service excellence for customers
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to solve difficult business problems through careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences
• Experienced in developing and encouraging strategic relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work and organizational goals
• Communicates with a purpose and intent with people at all levels in the organization and outside networks, including team members, vendors and patients
• Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, develop and lead others.
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to partner with and influence all levels of the organization.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.