Join our UCHealth team as a Nutrition Assistant at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, CO. The Nutrition Assistant provides excellent customer service to patients via phone and software systems. This role performs a variety of duties associated with patient room service, which includes working in a call center and speaking with patients about their special diet and meal order.
Process diet orders using phone and computerized health record systems in a timely and accurate manner. Utilize established diet restriction checking protocols under the supervision of a dietitian.
Responsible for providing prompt and courteous service to all phone calls to the diet office from various members of the medical team, patients and family members regarding patient menus and tray service.
* Answers room service calls.
* Uses nutrition management software and computer systems to record patient orders.
* Speaks with patients to ensure that specific diet modifications and individual preferences are honored.
* Maintains general knowledge of therapeutic diets to ensure meal orders are process accurately
* Interfaces with Nursing, RDs, and CNAs in special circumstances.
* Modifies diet to comply with diet orders.
* Provides excellence customer service.
* Work cooperatively within the department and with other departments to achieve the goals of the Food & Nutrition Services team.
* Maintains the privacy, safety, and dignity of each customer by observing client confidentiality and by strictly adhering to safety and sanitation standards
* Provides excellent customer service and maintains a positive attitude towards clients, customers, co-workers, hospital staff, etc.
* Work effectively with high call volumes in a fast-paced environment.
* Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
* Requires High School diploma or GED
* Previous customer service and/or call center experience preferred
* Experience in food service, as a dietary clerk, or in a related field preferred; great for those with restaurant serving or fast food experience as well
* Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Requires strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
* Working knowledge of computer software; ability to adapt to changes in software programs
* Consistently and positively communicates and collaborates with colleagues, supervisors, and customers, both internal and external
* Efficiently and independently plans time, meets deadlines, initiates and follows through on tasks
* Listens respectfully and carefully, demonstrating flexibility in working with others
* Demonstrates sensitivity to people of different cultures and works effectively with all
* Meets attendance standards and uses timekeeping system accurately and consistently
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization
Internal Number: 11650
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.