Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking a Social Worker to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Healthcare is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 10.
Swedish Medical Center with 408 beds is a Level I Trauma Center in South Denver: Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado, part of HealthONE, serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for neurotrauma and as the region’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, a recognized leader in the most advanced stroke care. Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty and is an eight time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award and a Top 100 Hospital recognized by Reuters. An acute care hospital with 368 licensed beds, Swedish is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 100 years. Annually, Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,300 physicians. At Swedish Medical Center, our staff is at the heart of delivering on our promise of Swedish Memorable Care. As a respected medical provider, Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medial specialty. Recognized by the patients we treat every day, we are a four-time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award. Centers of Excellence Swedish, a Level I Trauma Center, offers eight distinct centers of excellence: Bariatric Surgery Center, Cancer Care Center, Emergency Services, The Heart Center, Neurosciences, including The Stroke Center, Orthopedic Services, Spine Program, Trauma Center, Women and Children’s Services.
Position Summary: Social Worker II Full Time
• This position supports the mission of Swedish Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
• The Social Worker II-Case Manager is responsible for assessing the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the high-risk patient’s health and recovery. • Has the ability to utilize social services, counseling and clinical knowledge in the assessment of these needs.
• You are responsible and accountable for coordination of services through an interdisciplinary process which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care and balances individually identified patients and family needs with the efficacious and cost effective utilization of resources.
• Through concurrent case management, patients will be assessed to determine appropriateness of admission, continued hospitalization, as well as appropriate level of care.
• Discharge planning will begin at the time of (or prior to) admission, and reassessed throughout the course of hospitalization. Knowledge of payer source implications on discharge plan, resources and placement options to maximize patient’s successful disposition.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Non-Licensed clinical social work or eligible for licensure; BLS certification B. Education: Masters or Doctorate degree from a graduate school of social work. C. Experience: 3 – 5 years recent clinical social work experience in acute care setting preferred. D. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have the ability to assess information, apply critical thinking processes to determine course of action, and relay this information intelligently to the interdisciplinary team. Requires excellent human relations and oral / written communication skills. Must be able to prioritize workload, and develop efficient methods of managing time.
Degree of Supervision Required: Minimal; expected to be self-directed.
Orientation Period: 90 day probationary period. Two – three weeks training/orientation contingent upon experience. Extensive orientation may be required and will be determined by the Department Director.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.