Under minimal supervision, identify contract renewal needs. Run reports and analyze data to identify cost reduction and standardization opportunities. Prepare contract documentation and savings potential. Knowledge of public purchasing/contracting practices and of contracting a wide variety of equipment related to the healthcare industry. Knowledge of Legal Contracting to include interpretation skills of legal contract terms and conditions. Skill in researching and analyzing information related to work assignment. Negotiating skills. Skill in utilizing the principles and practices of effective and persuasive communications to elicit and /or present explanatory information. Organizational skills. Ability to interpret and apply written and verbal guidelines, precedents and work practices to standardized work situations or specific cases. Ability to work accurately and attend to details. Ability to communicate positively and effectively. Strong project management skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of group purchasing organizations and of contracting a wide variety of products and services related to the healthcare industry.
2. Excellent customer service aptitude, organization, problem solving and time management skills.
3. Skill in utilizing the principles and practices of effective and persuasive communications to elicit and /or present explanatory information.
4. Ability to interpret and apply written and verbal guidelines, precedents and work practices to standardized work situations or specific cases.
5. Ability to work independently and coordinate several activities at the same time with accuracy and attention to details.
6. Ability to maintain discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
7. Knowledge of public purchasing/contracting practices and of purchasing hardware and software applications.
8. In depth knowledge of Legal Contracting to include interpretation skills of legal contract terms and conditions.
9. Proven negotiating skills.
10. Must have proven ability to interact at and communicate to all levels of an organization.
11. Creating and successfully executing strategic plans for highly complex issues.
Computers and Technology
1. Ability to research, analyze and prepare spreadsheets, database and materials management computer applications.
2. Advanced Excel skills such as Vlookup and PivotTables.
Bachelor's Degree (Required) Bachelor's Degree and five years related experience required OR
Associates Degree and eight years related experience required OR
High school diploma/GED and eleven years related experience required. Related experience is defined as: materials management, strategic sourcing, value analysis, contracting, medical sales or procurement Degree concentration in Business, Nursing or related field preferred. Master's Degree
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 762
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.