Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking an Oncology Nurse Navigator to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Here is what you can expect from working as a Nurse Navigator for HealthONE:
You will function as a member of the multidisciplinary team as an advocate and educator for patients from point of entry, through diagnostic studies, diagnosis and treatment plan for cancer through survivorship.
Your primary function is to build a relationship with patients and physicians, to coordinate a plan of care including appointments, transportation, education, provision and / or enablement of support services and representation within the multidisciplinary care environment.
You will also assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources to achieve efficient, high quality outcomes for each cancer patient including support for interdisciplinary and cross facility collaboration e.g. tumor boards, and referrer communication.
On an aggregate level, You will track performance of the program in line with HCA, division and facility goals (growth, quality, practice guidelines, etc.) and identify opportunities to streamline care practice, for example through development of evidence-based guidelines.
The Nurse Navigator will serve as a liaison between the patient and family, primary care physician, internal and external care providers, specialists, referrers, support network members e.g. social workers, and the wider healthcare community. This role will include conducting internal and external outreach and marketing.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Recruiter contact: Jodi Evans, Lead Recruiter
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associates Degree Required, Bachelors Preferred
1-3 years overall nursing experience
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Serve as patient advocate from first suspicious finding to survivorship and follow-up.
Initiate contact with patient and introduce navigation program and role at time of suspicious finding (or at entry into the HCA care system, if later) and provide support to navigate the healthcare system.
Be available to patients and families throughout their care as an open, knowledgeable and empathetic contact for all care needs.
Respond to patient challenges until resolution is achieved.
• Assess patients’ medical, social and psychosocial and other care needs
On an individual basis using appropriate tools to identify need and potential resolution e.g. quality of life assessments, clinical research study selection criteria.
Identify health disparities and remove barriers to care e.g. referral pathway barriers
• Provide appropriate teaching, outreach, and education to patients and families. The aim of this work being to ensure the patient is empowered to manage his or her own health.
Explain the cancer care system to patients and their families throughout the care pathway.
Support providers to assist patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and the resources available, including educating eligible patients about appropriate clinical research studies and technologies.
Provide education on subjects that fall beyond the scope of individual modalities e.g. access to supportive care, financial support, return to work.
Provide education through formalized routine groups or classes to meet identified unmet needs in the community
• Streamline appointments and paperwork by helping patients with scheduling appointments and preparation.
Ensure the organization of appointments, and explain the sequence of treatment to assure the treatment plans.
Ensure smooth transitions between care modalities, facilities and providers including introduction of patients to appropriate care givers.
Establish algorithms, documents, and formalized processes for transition in commonly followed care pathways.
• Coach and help patients to remove barriers with issues of insurance, transportation, child care, financial resources, language so they may focus on getting the care they need.
• Initiate referrals to hospital and community resources to connect patients with resources and support systems.
• Conduct follow-up conversations as needed with all patients and communicate concerns, changes, or social needs in patient health to appropriate MD or other appropriate care providers.
• Attend patient care planning conference and other meetings as necessary.
Ensure that appropriate patient data are available and patients are appropriately assessed and documented at patient care planning conferences including identification of appropriate clinical research study options.
Contribute as appropriate to patient care planning conference based on assessed patient need.
• Track and document interventions and outcomes.
If appropriate, support definition of datasets and ensure appropriate data are collected to track system interventions and outcomes.
Ensure appropriate communication of patient progress to referring physicians and other care providers.
Work with data experts such as cancer registrars to support collection of data for e.g. national quality measures.
• Drive process improvement.
Ensure reporting is in place to demonstrate program outcomes and support performance improvement activities.
Make appropriate recommendations for changes to the current program both locally and at a corporate level, and assist in delivering program improvement.
• Conduct outreach to referrers, providers and other medical professionals as well as to the corporate ‘customer’ community [Optional by market].
Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key internal and external customers (including e.g. physicians, nurses, radiology staff, social services staff, radiation oncology staff, business office staff, etc.).
Educate each constituent on the role and benefits of a navigation program and high quality cancer care.
Recognize scope and limitations of role and regularly access clinical supervision as a support to the role.
Provide referrers with timely data on patient progress.
• Stay current on the latest oncology nursing developments and participate in conferences.
• Ensure service continuity.
Establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure service continuity during both planned and unplanned absence and undertake succession planning.
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
Mandatory: • Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• During your employment with SCRI you will be routinely assigned training requirements. You are expected to complete any training assignments by the due date.
Competencies Knowledge: A body of information needed to perform a tasks; May be obtained through education, training or experience • Review and understand medical records and other patient care information. Skills: The proficiency to perform a certain task.
Skills: Skills in computer systems including Microsoft Office, email and internet to support patient navigator role.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish [Optional by market].
Abilities: An underlying, enduring trait useful for performing duties
• Tenacity, self-motivation and initiative necessary to drive the patient navigator program for HCA.
• Demonstrates behaviors of a team player.
• Flexible to the changing needs of the patient, team and work environment
• Ability to advocate and champion excellence in the provision of care.
• Ability to engage and work collaboratively with all internal and external consumers and stakeholders e.g. patients, families, surgeons, nursing staff, referrers etc. and win respect on a broad range of health and business issues.
• Ability to comprehensively assess patient / family psychosocial / care needs.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently track the care delivery process for each patient with the attention to detail to identify where intervention is required.
• Ability to think critically:
Trending patient responses and program issues
Proactively make decisions and problem solve in the presence of ambiguity and changing system and patient needs.
• Ability to self-direct including prioritization of multiple simultaneous tasks.
• Ability to empathetically, openly and supportively communicate both verbally and in written media.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural needs.
• Ability to seek regular input to build strong self-awareness.
• Ability to seek regular input from team members and other stakeholders on strengths and areas for development within the program.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.