Under close supervision, responsible for providing a safe, supportive and therapeutic environment for psychiatric patients. Provides direct patient care and may conduct therapeutic group sessions under the direction and supervision of the RN. Provides input to the RN to help develop the plan of care and assists in carrying out the plan of care for assigned patients. Assists with the admission of new patients and orients new patients and families to the unit.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Demonstrates sensitivity in dealing with the psychiatric patient population which requires very specific communication skills as directed by the plan of care and ability to deal with milieu management. 2. Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. 3. Skill in assisting patients with daily activities. 4. Human relations and effective communication skills. 5. Ability to demonstrate and maintain clinic competency. 6. Ability to observe and document the patient's behavior. 7. Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
1. High school diploma or GED required. 2. Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience 1. Two years of experience as a Behavioral Health Tech or similar related area, preferred. 2. Three years of experience working with Behavioral Health Patients will waive certification requirements below.
1. Two years of experience as a Behavioral Health Tech or similar related area, preferred. 2. Three years of experience working with Behavioral Health Patients will waive certification requirements below.
American Heart-HCP, BLS/CPR required.
One of the following, required:
* Possession of a current Colorado Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or
* Other current health technology certificate or
* Enrollment in an accredited school of nursing: in the final year of the program or
* Certified Addictions Counselor, level one (CAC-1 or greater) or
* Degree in a related field such as psychology, counseling or clinical social work (AA, BA or BS or higher)
All Certifications and Licenses required for this job must be kept current as a condition of continued employment.
Location: Denver CARES
Work Type: Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 1435
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.