Under general supervision, assists in supervising routine duties related to retail cafe and coffee shop. Performs cashier functions for the Good Day Cafe and Starbucks Main Street Cafe including collecting cash, credit card receipts and other of payment, balancing cash register daily. Provide exceptional customer service, brew coffee and make craft coffee beverages to Starbucks specifications, and general cleaning and stocking.
Prepare and sell grab and go food, soups, paninis and other menu items as offered.
1. Organizes, directs, and coordinates functions and activities in the retail area and production area to ensure regulatory compliance.
2. Plans, schedules, coordinates, and assigns work and establishes goals and priorities for OMC Retail Cashiers and OMC Production Assistants.
3. Monitors the preparation of food and beverage as required.
4. Ensures standards of quality, hygiene, and efficiency are met throughout the food service operation.
5. Transports hot foods, cold foods and serveware to designated locations for preparation, service, and cleaning.
6. Resolves problems encountered by employees and customers during the course of the assignment.
7. Alerts supervisor to problems and needs concerning equipment and supplies.
8. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food and beverage, defective supplies and equipment or other unusual conditions.
9. Maintains and establishes departmental policies, procedures, objections, quality assurance programs and health and safety standards.
10. Directs activities of one or more cashiers who assist in preparing and serving beverages.
11. Functions as a team player in the department, knowing when to ask for assistance as needed and being willing to assist others when requested.
12. Receives cash and credit cards via form of payment from customers. Assures proper procedure for securing all monies into safe for proper verification.
13. Ensure cash is safeguarded and appropriately accounted for at all times. Cash drawers should be in a safe locked place at all times when not in cash register. Ensure cash drawer amount is maintained at the established limit at all times and should be counted and verified daily as part of balancing procedures. The safe should remain closed and locked when not in use.
14. Verifies that sales information in the reports are accurate, complete, prepared timely.
15. Verifies that all monies are in balance at the end of each business day.
16. Brew regular and decaf coffee.
17. Stock and refresh food and beverage coolers in the morning and throughout the day as needed.
18. Maintain the espresso machine, blenders, beverage syrups, ice, and all beverage supplies (cups, lids, straws, etc.)
19. Stock condiment station (napkins, plastic silverware, ketchup, salt/pepper, etc.), chips, bottled beverages, and snack items
20. Prepare quality coffee, espresso, tea, and specialty beverages according to menu and set standards
21. Check espresso shot quality prior to preparing beverages for customers.
22. Rotate and check dates on all food items.
23. Stock pastry case with fresh pastries and donuts, ensuring quality of items
24. Record temperatures at opening and closing on refrigeration and freezer units. Take appropriate action if out of compliance.
25. Prepare menu items to order following, approved production guidelines and quality standards
26. Requisition and restock food items according to ordering schedule and par levels
27. Conduct yourself in a professional manner and maintain a positive and friendly rapport with customers and coworkers.
28. General cleaning daily, weekly, monthly or as scheduled in the Outpatient Medical Center Cafe and the retail cafe dining area.
29. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
2. Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time.
3. Able to perform repetitive hand and wrist movement.
4. Ability to demonstrate professional work behavior by following guidelines as established by policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
1. High School Diploma or GED (Required)
2. Current enrollment, or diploma or Certificate of Completion from Emily Griffith Technical College Culinary Program required.
3. Typically, one year of customer service experience and cash handling preferred.
4. Starbucks Coffee experience preferred.
1. Driver's License (Required)
2. ServSafe certification preferred.
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3406
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.