Responsible for preparation of food and ingredients for various areas of the Food Service Operation. Prepares food according to recipes, menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or number of portions to be served. Maintains accurate records. General cleaning and stocking as assigned. Follows and implements HACCP guidelines. Complies with regulatory agency requirements.
Assists in prepare and sell grab and go food, soups, paninis and other menu items as offered. Provide exceptional customer service, make smoothies, brew coffee and make craft coffee beverages to Starbucks specifications. General cleaning, stocking and closing duties for the cafe.
1. Assist the culinary team with the production of food for the retail operations, patient services, and catering as assigned.
2. Transports hot foods, cold foods and serveware to designated locations for preparation, service, and cleaning.
3. Uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment including food processor, meat slicers, mixers, buffalo chopper, and blenders.
4. Practices safe knife handling skills.
5. Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary work station. Completes all cleaning duties per the master cleaning schedule or as assigned.
6. Follow approved processes for cleaning, sanitizing and drying catering dishes, utensils, pots and pans.
7. Promotes positive interpersonal relationships with fellow employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
8. Treats everyone with courtesy, dignity, empathy and respect; consistently displays a courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communications.
9. Participates in post-production cleanup tasks as assigned or directed, including sweeping, mopping, and working in the dishroom or potroom as needed.
10. Assists cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
11. Responsible for the cutting and preparation of fresh fruit, desserts, and other items as needed.
12. Prepare cold menu items as ordered.
13. Observes work rules. Complies with the rules and regulations of Career Service Authority, Denver Health and Hospitals Policies and Procedures, and Food Service Department rules.
14. Exercises good independent judgement.
15. Works without incident where employee is asked to redo work because of poor workmanship.
16. Informs supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
17. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies and equipment or other unusual conditions.
18. Uses the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and all times and notifies supervisor if additional PPE is required.
19. Wears designated uniform while on duty, attire must be neat and clean, safety shoes and/or safety glasses may be required.
20. Maintains and establishes departmental policies, procedures, objections, quality assurance programs and health and safety standards.
21. Has regular and predictable attendance and per department policy is ready to work at scheduled start time.
22. Completes all required assigned trainings on time. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
2. Ability to communicate effectively.
3. Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time.
4. Able to move with a sense of urgency and work in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to meet established timeframes for meal delivery.
6. Ability to demonstrate professional work behavior by following guidelines as established by policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. Current enrollment, or Diploma or Certificate of Completion from Emily Griffith Technical College Culinary Program required.
3. No previous work-related experience is required for this occupation. Food service, healthcare, or customer service experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registration
1. Valid Driver's License required.
2. ServSafe certification preferred.
Location Main Campus - Pavilion A
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made .
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3409
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.