Under minimal supervision, this position assists in managing, consulting, and performing administrative duties while developing, coordinating and maintaining research/consulting contracts with clients related to research department initiatives. Meets academic criteria for Associate Professor (mandatory) including publication, grant funding and national reputation.
1. Provides leadership and scientific guidance at the level of a principal investigator to multiple research programs in the department. This includes experimental design, how program changes impact analyses, and development of strategic direction.
2. Prepares or collaborates on the writing of scientific protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs), and regulatory responses with no external guidance or support.
3. Provides scientific writings for technical reports in sections such as but not limited to executive summaries, methods, results and conclusions.
4. Provides consultation with clients and direct communication with outside contacts.
5. Provides scientific review for technical reports, abstracts, manuscripts and proposals to ensure accuracy of methods, results and conclusions.
6. Write and publish abstracts and manuscripts with minimal support for sections they are responsible for.
7. Provide scientific mentorship for other staff such as biostatisticians and other scientists.
8. Continued research and development to stay appraised of current scientific trends related to content area
9. Promotes positive interpersonal (customer) relationships with fellow employees, physicians, patients and visitors. Treats these individuals with courtesy, dignity, empathy and respect; consistently displays courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communications.
10. Sets clear expectations for staff by developing job specific customer service expectations and behaviors for each position supervised; clearly communicates expectations to each employee and establishes the expectations as job requirements and performance appraisal components; delegates responsibility/authority whenever possible.
11. Conducts all performance evaluations on time, working with each employee at least annually to set specific behavioral goals.
12. Identifies training and staff development needs of employees and ensures appropriate training provided.
13. Initiates formal/informal activities with employees to develop departmental cohesion and collegiality.
14. Recognizes positive behavior and contributions to the organization using praise, appreciation and rewards.
15. Actively identifies problems and opportunities for improvement; identifies appropriate solution and involves others in the implementation process.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Strong knowledge of practice transformation, quality improvement methods, spreadsheet, database and statistical programs as well as research design is required.
2. Position requires excellent management and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and personnel effectively and independently.
Doctorate Degree (Required) MD, PhD, PsyD, PharmD, EdD or other doctoral level degree in health related field, required..
1. Ten plus years of directly related experience, knowledge & competence with grant application, statistics, data analysis, program evaluation & scientific writing required.
2. Experience with multidisciplinary collaboration, required
Meets academic criteria for Associate Professor, required.
Computers and Technology
1. Microsoft Office.
2. Database and Statistical Programs.
Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Established in 1956 as a department within Denver Health, Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety provides specialized research, education, prevention and treatment services to meet the unique and complex needs of public health, government agencies, and the pharmaceutical and consumer products industries. RMPDS employs over 200 industry professionals and provides solutions that span the lifecycle of a drug or consumer product. Our Poison Center & Health Information and Drug & Consumer Product Services groups provide 24/7/365 contact center communication, exposure management, and toxicology consulting. We offer research, analysis, and surveillance, and consulting through our Research & Consulting Services group, including our industry-leading RADARS(r) system.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3507
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.