Under general supervision, coordinates multiple projects from a small to large scale. Manages status reporting, stability of assigned project-oriented work efforts, customer expectations for contracted time, cost, and requirements definitions. Provides a single point of contact for project assignments. Assembles project plans and teamwork assignments. Directs and monitors work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, facilitating quality reviews, and escalating functional, quality, or timeline issues appropriately. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, schedule, budget, issues, risks, and resources of the work effort being managed.
The NCQA Project Manager is responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) accreditation work plan for the Commercial and Medicare lines of business at Denver Health Medical Plan. Develops and implements comprehensive project plans to analyze additional lines of business, participates and manages other related projects. The project manager will need to coordinate with an array of teams to ensure that the work plan is being followed, assist with deliverables as necessary and at times of survey overseas submissions, readiness and agendas.
* Manages multiple projects from small to large sized scope. * Builds and manages all project deliverables; directs, monitors, and validates project team member performance; drives project work efforts to ensure adherence to project scope, schedule, and budget; identifies risk and develops appropriate response strategies; identifies and manages issues to include appropriate escalations. * Educates sponsors, stakeholders, project team members, and affected users/staff on the project management process and any relevant policies and procedures; proactively promotes gathering of feedback and recommendations from all customers. * Develops and executes appropriate communication strategies with all key project stakeholders to ensure project success; ensures all project communications are organized, accurate, comprehensive, created for the target audience, and timely. * Develops and maintains relationships with stakeholders to maintain active engagement and support, thereby ensuring all project tasks are addressed in a timely manner and handled with mutual respect, trust, and excellence. * Monitors and communicates significant changes to project initiatives to ensure adherence to project scope, schedule and budget commitments while meeting customer expectations. * Actively participates in and leads (when appropriate) formal and informal department, team, and organization functions. * Monitors key performance indicators throughout the department, identifying areas for greater effectiveness, efficiency, and overall improvement. * Collaborates proactively with other departments and serves as an advocate to the organizational initiatives. * Participates in the improvement projects by collaborating with team members to support department initiatives for growth. * Participates in team, department, and/or organizational Lean events. * Advocates and champions continuous improvement of project management processes; leverages and strives to expand knowledge of identified project management tools. * Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for oversight of the NCQA accreditation project and manages all deliverables.
Serves as a single point of contact for department directors, consultants and NCQA.
Builds all NCQA project deliverables, working closely with the rest of Managed Care's Operations Team.
Directs, monitors, and validates NCQA project team member performance; drives project work efforts to ensure adherence to project scope, schedule, and consulting budget.
Identifies risk and develops appropriate response strategies in conjunction with applicable department directors.
Identifies and communicates/escalates major issues to management and staff as necessary.
Maintains up-to-date plans and schedules of all assigned projects.
With direction, supports risk identification, prioritization, and response strategy activities.
Continues to monitor and update risk assessment throughout the life of each project, to include recognition of trigger events that convert risks to issues.
Recommends project improvement strategies to mitigate risk. Documents all identified issues, working status and final resolutions.
Develop reports and analysis to keep leadership informed of current project status.
Develops and executes appropriate communication strategies to ensure project success.
Keep up to date with NCQA Standards.
Lead the NCQA Steering Committee.
As necessary, help in the creation of documents and materials for submission.
Promotes positive interpersonal relationships with fellow employees, providers, physicians, patients, health plan members and visitors.
Consistently displays courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communication.
Acts a role model and leader for team relations within Managed Care. Maintains positive behaviors, attitudes, and commitment to day-to-day activities and work efforts.
Manages workload in accordance with identified priorities and makes recommendations in modifying deadlines as needed.
Prioritizes daily workflow to ensure successful completion of activities and non-project oriented commitments.
Identifies and notifies all potential or suspected issues involving fraud, waste, and abuse to the Director of Managed Care Compliance.
Ensures confidentiality of patient information by creating and maintaining a secure and trusting environment by not sharing information learned on the job, except when necessary in the performance of the job responsibilities or to improve a patient's care
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Demonstrate knowledgeable understanding of project management principles, processes, methodologies and tools. * Knowledge of risk and change management techniques. * Ability to assist in the performance management process for project members. * Ability to manage several small to large projects simultaneously. Computers and Technology * Proficiency in the following software programs required: Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word; Adobe Acrobat. * Proficiency in Microsoft Project Professional preferred.
Experience in project management for meeting compliance, regulatory or other set standards.
Prior experience working between and with multiple operational areas.
Experience with NCQA accreditation process preferred.
Able to assist multiple teams with different strengths and challenges.
Advanced research skills
Strong communication skills
Flexible organization skills
Experience with Data Entry Software
Familiarity with various office equipment
Education & Experience
*Bachelor's degree and two years project management/process improvement experience required OR;
* Associate's degree and five years project management/process improvement experience required OR;
* High school diploma/GED and eight years project management/process improvement experience required.
* Project Management Professional
Location Denver Health Medical Plan
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3113
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.