Under close supervision, this position provides basic IT hardware and software support for Denver Health staff over the phone, via email, and in person. Supported hardware includes desktop computers and peripherals, laptops, multi-function printer/copy/fax machines, etc. Supported applications includes Epic (electronic health record), the Epic MyChart patient portal (patient account support), Microsoft Windows and Office products, and various other business and clinical applications. This position requires 24x7x365 coverage, requiring employees to be flexible with work hours. Rotation of shifts can include days, evenings, weekends, and overnights to meet business needs
* Answer inbound customer phone calls, emails, and portal requests (approximately 60 per day)* Troubleshoot issues remotely using various remote access applications* Provide on-site troubleshooting and support for customers* Escalate unresolved issues to next level support teams when necessary* Create and manage support tickets in our ITSM system* Effectively interact with customers while maintaining professionalism * Identify improvement opportunities * Meet daily, weekly, and monthly key performance indicators (KPIs)* Respond to alerts, pages, and other notifications within the expected time frame* Other duties as assignedBenefits * Work from home opportunities (performance based)* Fast track career progression
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Requiredo World Class Customer Service Skills o Professional and effective communications skills (verbal, written, and listening)o Ability to actively listen to customers while typingo Ability to adapt to frequent changes with a positive attitudeo Attention to detailso Ability to handle difficult situations and users with successful outcomeso Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customerso Ability to achieve daily / weekly / monthly expectationso Excellent analytical and problems solving skillso Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize multiple tasks concurrently while meeting deadlineso Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a customer-driven, fast-paced environment* Preferredo Ability to type 60 words per minuteComputers and Technology* Preferredo Knowledge Windows 10 o Knowledge Microsoft Office 365 and client supporto Knowledge of Epic Electronic Medical Recordo Basic hardware support - mice, keyboards, monitors, scanners, and printerso Knowledge of iOS and Android mobile appsComputers and Technology* Preferredo Knowledge Windows 10 o Knowledge Microsoft Office 365 and client supporto Knowledge of Epic Electronic Medical Recordo Basic hardware support - mice, keyboards, monitors, scanners, and printerso Knowledge of iOS and Android mobile apps
* High School Diploma or GED (Required) * Associates Degree preferred
* Experience in a customer service role * IT - MICROSOFT (Required) Knowledge incident ticket tracking systems, applications support, VOIP, printers and printer servers, Internet protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP), basic networking, including wireless networks, and/or telecommunications desirable.
* CompTIA A+* One proctored IT certification (CompTIA A+, Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCNA, etc.) obtained every 12 months* All Certifications required for this job must be obtained and kept current as a condition of continued employment. * Microsoft Certified Professional
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2979
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.