A senior END Technologist conducts standard and more complex EEG examinations under the general supervision of the END Supervisor and Medical Director of the Neurodiagnostics Department. The Sr. END Technologist has achieved board certification, and received their R. EEG. T. In addition to the duties performed by the END Technologist, the Sr. END Technologist seeks proficiency in EEG interpretation and troubleshooting of clinical, mechanical, electrical, and computer-based artifacts. The senior END Technologist is able to monitor additional electrophysiological phenomena by means of appropriate techniques and instrumentation. The Sr. END Technologist may assist in the training of other junior END Technologists and students.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Utilizes ACNS guidelines and critical thinking skills to obtain a superior quality EEG recording.
2. Independent judgement and initiative are required.
3. Ability to competently conduct pediatric and adult routine EEG, Intensive Care Unit (ICU) continuous EEG, and Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU).
4. Ability to competently conduct Wada testing. Gains experience and competence with Phase II continuous EEG.
5. Develops and attains skill in troubleshooting technical, mechanical, and clinical artifacts on EEG.
6. Demonstrate advanced competency in interpreting EEG findings, as determined by END Supervisor and Medical Director. 7. Skilled in developing rapport with patients of diverse socioeconomic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds, as well as have comfort in physical patient contact.
8. Superior communication skills in interacting with nurses, physicians, patients, family and other hospital staff.
Computers and Technology:
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel 2. Knowledge of the software platforms and their functions used to record EEG.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Completion of an accredited Neurodiagnostic training program, required.
Experience: Two years of experience as an END Technologist, preferred.
* Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist required. * Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from American Heart Association required.
Shift: Days: 3 12-hr shifts, weekdays only
Work Type: Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3756
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.