Provides centralized supervision of the Distribution Division of Logistics Services for both staff and resources. Supervises daily operations of the receiving dock to ensure incoming packages are delivered in a timely fashion to the correct locations. Oversees the Denver Health Couriers and Denver Health mail service, providing oversight of operations, activities, and assigned tasks performed by the staff.
1. Supervise the operations of the shipping and receiving of items including ensuring the correct and accurate receiving, staging, recordkeeping, and distribution of products, equipment and parcels through the receiving dock. Contributes to the development and implementation of material handling methods and distribution including cross dock operations to outlying Denver Health buildings.
2. Supervise the inter-facility courier operations including the routine delivery schedule and "stat" lab service. Minimizes outside courier use. Develops and adheres to customer service standards and problem resolution standards. Maintains all documentation including driver manifests, logs, and vehicle maintenance reports. Ensures the courier dispatch line will always be covered during the published business hours.
3. Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Distribution Division employees. Determines work procedures and expedites workflow; assigns duties and reviews work; prepares necessary and required reports; utilizes LEAN techniques and problem-solving skills to increase productivity, eliminate waste and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Distribution Division.
4. Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Works with Purchasing and customers to coordinate and expedite shipping operations and returned goods including the tracking and safe disposition of hazardous or recalled products.
5. Assists the Supply Chain Logistics Manager with the recruiting process.
6. Oversees the on-call schedule for after-hours courier support. Will act as the primary back up for this schedule.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Five years of logistics and receiving/warehouse operations experience required
2. Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques sufficient to be able to arbitrate and /or resolve conflicts as they arise.
2. Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
3. Necessary communication skills to enforce policies and the ability to assign work.
4. Ability to establish and meet quality and productivity standards.
5. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
Computers and Technology
1. Basic computer knowledge and the ability to navigate Microsoft Office suite.
2. Experience with Lawson software application preferred.
1. High School Diploma or GED (Required)
2. Bachelor's Degree preferred
Location Denver Health Main Campus
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3760
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.