- Addresses resident concerns as it occurs and enters on nursing care plan
- Administers medication and treatments as ordered by physician
- Report changes occurring with residents or personnel to Resident Care Coordinator
- Current RN license in the state of Colorado, in good standing
- CPR Certificate
- One year of Staff or Charge Nurse experience in Long Term Care is desirable
Additional Salary Information: Benefits:
- Life Insurance of $10K
- Medical (SECHD pays over 80% of the premium cost regardless of plan level)
- PTO (up to 23 days in a year)
- Sick Time (Can accrue up to 496 hours)
- 3% Matching on our retirement plan
Internal Number: 1000
About Southeast Colorado Hospital District
Southeast Colorado Hospital District (SECHD) has been serving the people and communities of rural Baca County for over forty years. The District was established in 1966 as a not-for-profit hospital and officially opened its doors in 1969 with 23 acute care beds. Since that time the District has followed its vision "to provide a comprehensive healthcare system to our isolated rural service area" through an active pursuit of enhanced health care services. Some key services added in fulfillment of this vision include the addition of a 40 bed intermediate care Long Term Care Center, establishment of a Home Health Agency and Hospice , a 16 bed secured Alzheimer's Care Unit and more recently a new Rural Health Clinic building in 2007.
LONG TERM CARE (THE INN) AND ALZHEIMER'S UNIT (THE COTTAGE)
We are a 40 bed intermediate care facility with a homelike atmosphere. We have four private rooms and 18 semiprivate rooms. There is a beautiful newly renovated sun-room for social activities including the Living Design birds for the outside feel. We assist residents to achieve and maintain their highest possible level of independence, self worth and well-being.
The Cottage (Memory Care or... Alzheimer's Unit):Our 16 bed, secured unit is designed to promote a safe comfortable, quiet environment with meaningful activities for seniors with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Our person centered care maintains privacy, dignity, and encourages family to be involved in the care planning process.
We maintain a home like atmosphere and personalize each room with pictures of family and friends to create a familiar environment for your loved one. We offer an outdoor gardening area. BBQ grills and picnic area for family and friends to use.
- Personal Annual Leave (PAL)
- Extended Illness
- 401A- 3% Matching Retirement Plan after 1 year of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (pre-tax)
- Health Insurance Option
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- $10,000 Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Option