UCHealth Primary Care - Scarborough is seeking a Full-Time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
The ideal candidate will bring a positive and caring personality, excellent communication skills and a passion for team-based patient care.
Here are a few good reasons to join our team in Colorado Springs
* Our schedule - supports a work-life balance with a M-F schedule. No call or weekends are required.
* Our Team - is a collaborative, cohesive group of 10 physicians and 4 APPs that thrive on providing the best care in the region.
* APP Involvement - with an APP committee, APP director and APP continuum plan you will always have support as you grow in your career.
**1-2 years of Internal Medicine Experience Preferred**
Requirements for Physician Assistants
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Studies * Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado. * Physician Assistant (PA-C) certification issued by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). * Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice. * Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid. * Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs. * Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges. * Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process. * Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certifications issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
* Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners * Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program * Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) and must be maintained throughout employment. * Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement * Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges * Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process. * Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice. * Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid. * Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs. * Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certifications issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes: * Retirement program comprised of a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b) matching account, and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan * Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage * Competitive time off plan and wellness benefits * Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance
About Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.
UCHealth Medical Group is a physician-led organization, with a dedicated focus on access, performance, innovation, and experience, providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain Front Range. With more than eight hospitals and 100 clinic locations, UCHealth pushes the boundaries of medicine, providing advanced treatments and clinical trials and improving health through innovation.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. An applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Internal Number: 32375
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.