In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
The Associate Manager is responsible for overseeing our Technician Operations within the Inpatient Pharmacy Department. They are responsible for personnel management, pyxis management, IV Room workflow, and working collaboratively with our Northern Colorado facilities. May staff, if needed, to support the team (<10%).
This is a full time, day shift opportunity working Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4:30PM.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for leading and overseeing the technical and supportive personnel of the Department of Pharmacy Services. Ensures the functions of the technical and supportive personnel are consistent with policy and procedures. Assist in planning, directing, monitoring and evaluating the provision of distributive pharmacy services to all patient care areas.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership and direction to Pharmacy Technician Staff, volunteers and technician externs. Promotes positive customer relations, fosters a team environment within the department and actively contributes to a supportive work environment.
2. Organizes and coordinates daily activities of the Pharmacy Technician Staff, volunteers and technician externs. Schedules Pharmacy Technicians on a routine basis to assure adequate and consistent service. Determines and assesses workflow of the pharmacy department and makes adjustments as needed. Participates in the duties of the Pharmacy Technician when workload dictates.
3. Manages people resources by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training qualified candidates. Participates in performance recognition in consultation with other members of the Pharmacy management group. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Communicates personnel issues to other members of the Pharmacy management group.
4. Coordinates and maintains activities associated with Automated Dispensing Machines. Ensures reports are run and quality assurance activities are completed in a timely manner. Orders and coordinates (or assist with these activities) installation of new Automated dispensing Machines and software as needed and approved. Resolves issues related to Automated dispensing machine users and inventory control.
5. Applies the principles of performance improvement consistent with the job expectations. Assists in Quality Improvement activities, Medication Utilization Evaluations and the development of Policies and Procedures. Coordinates technician meetings, participates in in-service programs, committees and other functions as appropriate.
6. Assumes or delegates the duties of the Pharmacy Supply Coordinator in facilities that do not have an individual in this position. These duties include but are not limited to, inventory control, order submission, inter-departmental billing functions, recalls, return of expired medications and working with vendor representatives.
7. Oversees all aspects of medication use, including (1) selection, procurement and storage, (2) dispensing, (3) monitoring of all medications utilized. Internal customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Nursing Directors, Department Directors, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint Commission, state Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
Requires (or eligible for) pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable) and/or technician certification.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess training in compounding intravenous medications and sterile products preparation. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Three years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in hospital pharmacy practice. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.