Daily monitoring of Vail Health Clinic billing queues and ensuring all manual and automated billing and reporting needs are managed per billing and reporting compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:A
1. Review and investigate missing documentation in the work queue within the required time frame and communicate directly with providers.
2. Obtain Evoke and BioTel reports for billing purposes, enter charges, and upload into Cerner.
3. Monitors Provider dashboards for volume discrepancies between clinic volumes via outreach EMR systems (Athena, etc.)
4. Audit outreach clinic schedules and bill for clinic encounters as needed.
5. Batch scan all clinic documents generated through Cardiology and Surgical Associates.
6. On an as needed basis will assist and back-up Patient Rep and Surgery Scheduler positions.
8. Respond to Customer Service inquiries within 48 hours of request.
9. Model the principles of aJust Culturea.
10. Compliant with HIPAA, The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies as required.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
2 years of related experience required
Previous healthcare experience required
Prior Hospital or physician billing experience strongly preferred
Computer / Typing:
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center. The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became “Vail Valley Medical Center” in 1980, its first year as a full-service hospital. At that time, we had one primary locatio...n and 25 physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, nearly 1,000 employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers. Vail Health is an equal-opportunity employer. The hospital is handicap accessible and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Smoking is prohibited in our facilities. This includes e-cigarettes.