Location: Fruita, Colorado
Internal Number: URGEN002144
You belong here! At Family Health West, you're more than an employee, you're family.
When you enter our facility, you know it's Family Health West because, well, the color speaks for itself. You'll be part of a team that strives to bring color to care in a vibrant environment by creating fun, effective treatment programs helping to empower and inspire our patients while providing the tools and care they need to achieve their wellness goals.
When we say you'll do what you love, we mean it! Welcomed by open arms and warm smiles, you'll join a team that encourages professional growth. We are sure to put on our listening ears when you share new ideas and approaches to care because that's what got us to the top! You'll wear your badge proudly, knowing that you contribute each day, to providing care that is unmatched, in western Colorado.
So, what are you waiting for?! Fill out the application now, and when you hit send do a little happy dance knowing that you just made our day. If it still sounds too good to be true, come see for yourself. Call us to schedule a tour and meet your new best friends!
About Family Health West
Our roots go deep -- founded by the community in 1946, it's no wonder our hospital feels like coming home. We were built from the ground up with the hands of our own community, a labor of dedication and hope by our people, for our people, for the future.
At Family Health West we go beyond what corporate hospitals deliver, we've created a culture of prosperity where warmth, passion, and care flourishes. As we focus on continually improving outcomes for patients, our network of healthcare providers includes a 25-bed critical access hospital, one of the largest rehab providers in western Colorado, outpatient surgical services, specialty clinics, emergency services, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities.
Nestled at the base of the Colorado National Monument, Family Health West has an outdoor paradise at your back door. The community culture is fitting for outdoor lovers, bikers, hikers, or those just simply soaking in the panoramic views.
- Reliable and punctual attendance is essential; expected to be at job as scheduled each scheduled day.
- Communicate necessary information to others as appropriate.
- Assists nurses and medical providers with medical procedures as directed in a timely manner.
- Obtains and practices universal precautions.
- Monitors the general condition of patients and immediately reports any changes in patient condition to RN or Medical Provider.
- Accurately operates clinical equipment following facility policies and procedures.
- Transports patients as needed in a timely and professional manner under the direction of Medical Provider or RN
- Document accurately and appropriately all care/procedures provided.
- Maintain clean and orderly patient room, equipment, supply/linen rooms. Clean and restock these areas as needed.
- Performs EKGs; places patient on monitors, oxygen; ongoing monitoring of Vital signs; record vital signs, height/weight, intake/output, collection of routine urine specimens, monitors/records elimination, follows protocols.
- Assists with patient registration, and assists with patient discharge in a timely, professional manner.
- Observes and practices universal precautions.
- Assists with cleaning and dressing wounds, applying splints, insertion of Foley catheters, fits crutches as directed by Medical Provider.
- Assists with resuscitation and emergency airway procedures within scope of practice at the direction of medical provider or RN.
- May carry out therapeutic measures under the direction of the Physician (such as changes of bandages, vaccine administration, suture removal, and splint application, application of heat or cold).
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
An unrestricted EMT/Paramedic license with the State of Colorado
Current IV and BLS certifications.
Minimum of 6 months of Medical Care experience preferred.
Wage Range : $18.00-$30.64
Immunizations required for employment, including COVID-19.
FHW offers a full benefits package including:
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Employee Assistance Program
403 (B) with 4% match from FHW and zero day vesting schedule
FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES WORKING AT LEAST 30 HOURS A WEEK
Medical Plan Options:
I. PPO plan with copay/coinsurance and lower deductible
II. High Deductible Health Plan with the option for a Health Savings Account.
III. Telemedicine includes in both plan options.
Life Insurance/ Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Disability Insurance with a Short and Long Term Option.
Critical Illness and Accident Plans
Cafeteria Options: Health Reimbursement/ Flex Savings / Dependent Childcare
A host of other options to include: Pet Insurance, Identity Protection, Travel protection,