Location: Miami, Florida
Performs general ultrasound examinations within the department, nursing units, and off-site centers.
Hours of operation: 11am-6p or 8am-4pm
Minimum Job Requirements:
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) eligible and receive certification within 14 months of hire required - must maintain active and in good standing throughout active employment.
- Job Specific Duties:
- Assists in minor surgical procedures, such as biopsies, cyst aspirations, etc.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Responsible for technical proficiency in producing diagnostic scans with ability to recognize visible anatomical structures.
- Ensures adequate clinical history is available to correlate with the ultrasound examination. Verifies information with the requisition and patient chart per hospital policy.
- Maintains records of examinations. Schedules cases to coordinate with other examinations and reviews NPO status on selected cases.
- Performs all ultrasound examinations (i.e. renal, brain, soft tissue, etc). Completes required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adjusts equipment, determines proper technique, and arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain correct patient position.
- Communicates effectively with hospital employees, physicians, and patients.
- Reports any equipment problems/malfunctions to clinical engineering or supervisor on an as needed basis and problem solves issues with equipment.
- Follows hospital patient-identification policy prior to performing examination. Verifies two patient identifiers to ensure right patient and correct procedure.
- Observes safety practices at all times, adheres to all clean sweep guidelines and infection control standards per policy.
- Performs QA, completes exam, enters and transmits patient information into PACS in a timely manner.
- Performs portable examinations in operating room, emergency department, and in-patient rooms.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory, maintains cleanliness of the equipment, and stocks scan room.
- Contacts Physician within 1 hour for all STAT cases with results.
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education requirements. F: Monthly-Quarterly/T: 2 hours/ R: Individual
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy and procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards. F: Weekly/T: 2 hours/ R: Individual
- Knowledge of ultrasound procedure protocols.
- Previous experience in pediatric ultrasound technology preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to problem solve to adapt standard clinical procedures to the individual client's need.
Imaging & Radiology
Primary Location :
MIAMI LAKES - ULTRASOUND-2100-580722