Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls, ID is seeking a Full-time Medical Lab Scientist 1 (Evening Shift) to join our Magic Valley Laboratory team.
*Relocation and Sign-on bonus available!*
Unit/Position SummaryThe Medical Lab Scientist 1 is responsible for performing routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in treatment and diagnosis of diseases. Handles basic issues and problems and possesses beginning to working knowledge of subject matter. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A limited degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Tests specimens in an accurate, organized and prioritized manner following laboratory procedures and policies to ensure quality and time guidelines in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Collects a variety of specimens as required by specific section needs, with skill and sensitivity to needs of the patient.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- Performs instrument maintenance according to section procedures.
- May provide mentorship & training to others.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Follows department policy maintaining all necessary records and documentation.
- Ensures input is accurate and complete.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in scientific related field.
- Experience: 0 years experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
- Preferred Qualificaiton: ASCP Certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About the Magic Valley
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Jerome is a rural community of 12,000 just 10 minutes from Twin Falls, ID. Farming and agricultural related industries still dominate the economy of Jerome, but the city is broadening its economic base in the service sector, manufacturing and retail trade. In addition, residents are a quick drive to premiere hiking, skiing in Sun Valley and mountain biking!
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | City of Jerome | Jerome Country Club | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.