Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls, ID is seeking a Medical Interpreter/Translator to join our Cultural and Language Services team.
The Medical Interpreter/Translator facilitates clear, accurate and effective medical and general interpretation for healthcare staff, patients, companions, and visitors.
- Interpret complex medical information to patients and/or companions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of National Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for Interpreters in Healthcare.
- Assesses and monitors patients' understanding of information conveyed.
- Advises medical personnel about cultural information that may impact patient care.
- Understands variety of regional accents, linguistic styles, and registers.
- Interprets with highest degree of accuracy and completeness in consecutive, simultaneous and sight translation modes.
- Self-corrects, understands own linguistic limitations, seeks clarification, and accepts corrections.
- Maintain knowledge with medical and general terminology.
- Superior fluency in one or more languages in additional to English.
- Utilize a variety of technology, tools, and resources to support departmental workflows.
- Translates written material into one or more languages, ensuring meaning, context and localization are maintained.
- Supports an exceptional experience through all customer interactions, ensuring professional, timely and accurate communication- both verbally and in writing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 2 years relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: 40 Hours of Professional Medical Interpreter Training. Must successfully pass language assessment through St. Luke's Health System upon hire.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.