Location: Fruita, Colorado
Internal Number: CERTI002200
You belong here! At Family Health West, you're more than an employee, you're family.
When you enter our facility, you know it's Family Health West because, well, the color speaks for itself. You'll be part of a team that strives to bring color to care in a vibrant environment by creating fun, effective treatment programs helping to empower and inspire our patients while providing the tools and care they need to achieve their wellness goals.
When we say you'll do what you love, we mean it! Welcomed by open arms and warm smiles, you'll join a team that encourages professional growth. We are sure to put on our listening ears when you share new ideas and approaches to care because that's what got us to the top! You'll wear your badge proudly, knowing that you contribute each day, to providing care that is unmatched, in western Colorado.
So, what are you waiting for?! Fill out the application now, and when you hit send do a little happy dance knowing that you just made our day. If it still sounds too good to be true, come see for yourself. Call us to schedule a tour and meet your new best friends!
About Family Health West
Our roots go deep -- founded by the community in 1946, it's no wonder our hospital feels like coming home. We were built from the ground up with the hands of our own community, a labor of dedication and hope by our people, for our people, for the future.
At Family Health West we go beyond what corporate hospitals deliver, we've created a culture of prosperity where warmth, passion, and care flourishes. As we focus on continually improving outcomes for patients, our network of healthcare providers includes a 25-bed critical access hospital, one of the largest rehab providers in western Colorado, outpatient surgical services, specialty clinics, emergency services, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities.
Nestled at the base of the Colorado National Monument, Family Health West has an outdoor paradise at your back door. The community culture is fitting for outdoor lovers, bikers, hikers, or those just simply soaking in the panoramic views.
- Reliable and punctual attendance is essential; expected to be at job as scheduled each scheduled day.
- Communicate necessary information to others as appropriate.
- Proficient understanding of coding guidelines and conventions, processes and techniques.
- Understanding of medical data flow from pre-authorization to adjudicated claim; knowledge of billing and claims regulations.
- Receive and review patient chart and orders for accuracy and completeness for the purpose of procedural and diagnostic coding.
- Utilize software and electronic coding references to perform coding related tasks.
- Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures, using ICD-10 CM (International Classification of Diseases), CPT (Current Procedural Terminology codes HCPCS level II and ICD 10 PCS.
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations, maintaining 95% accuracy rate.
- Identify problems - report and support resolution of coding workflow/process.
- Execute timely and effective coding/documentation queries.
- Perform monitoring and statistical reporting as needed
- Maintains patient/resident/employee privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Responds to internal and public inquiries in a helpful and professional manner.
- Exhibits positive, professional conduct through both verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Must have at least AAPC, CPC-A or AHIMA CCS Certification.
Certified Professional Coder.
Three years of facility and/or professional-based coding experience required.
Wage Range : $22.00-$29.57
Immunizations required for employment, including COVID-19.
FHW offers a full benefits package including:
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Employee Assistance Program
403 (B) with 4% match from FHW and zero day vesting schedule
FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES WORKING AT LEAST 30 HOURS A WEEK
Medical Plan Options:
I. PPO plan with copay/coinsurance and lower deductible
II. High Deductible Health Plan with the option for a Health Savings Account.
III. Telemedicine includes in both plan options.
Life Insurance/ Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Disability Insurance with a Short and Long Term Option.
Critical Illness and Accident Plans
Cafeteria Options: Health Reimbursement/ Flex Savings / Dependent Childcare
A host of other options to include: Pet Insurance, Identity Protection, Travel protection,