Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018839
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Cardiovascular Division at the University of Minnesota is seeking a faculty member to join our nationally and internationally recognized Interventional Cardiology Program.
We are seeking a board certified/eligible Interventional (non-structural) Cardiologist at the Assistant/Associate or Full Professor rank on an academic track. The goal of this recruitment is to support the growth and expertise of interventional cardiology clinical care, teaching, and research. This position requires interest in mechanical circulatory support, including ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) and cardiovascular resuscitation.
The successful candidate will become a member of the most advance mobile ECPR, acute cardiac care team in the world. In addition to regular interventional cardiology related work, they will actively participate in rapid deployment with the medical resuscitation team to multiple emergency departments, cath labs and will operate in the first mobile ECMO truck in the Unites States. In addition, they will be involved in all clinical, translational and database related research in this field and become an active member of the Center for Resuscitation Medicine in the University of Minnesota Medical School. The program is supported with multiple NIH grants, extensive philanthropy and significant institutional funds to support its mission.
- Interventional (non-structural) Cardiology position
- Join 36 Cardiologists (4 interventional, 5 EP, 27 non-invasive)
- More than 200 VA Cardiac ECMOs/year primarily driven by the Interventional /CRM team
- Over 4,000 heart catheterizations annually
- 1:5 frequency weekday/weekend call coverage
- This position will support the current and future growth of the interventional cardiology and ECMO programs at University of Minnesota Medical Center as well as the MMRC (Minnesota Mobile Resuscitation Consortium) community ECMO program
- Clinical efforts will include but are not limited to University of Minnesota Physician clinics, interventional laboratory, interventional hospital service, and outreach clinics
- The candidate will work closely with Cardiovascular Division, Lillehei Heart Institute and Minnesota Mobile Resuscitation Consortium leadership to expand the University's clinical and academic missions
- Become a member of the Minnesota Mobile Resuscitation Consortium and train actively with the leaders in the field to become an independent operator.
About the Division:
For more than six decades we have been known for our leadership and innovation in the treatment of cardiovascular disease. While our clinical faculty provide outstanding, innovative, and compassionate care, our clinical and basic science research programs provide the backbone of innovative, clinical-care solutions we embed into our care models.
The Cardiovascular Division at the University of Minnesota is recognized for having ten centers of excellence with multiple accredited centers nationally recognized as high-performing in a full range of Coronary and Structural Heart Interventions, ECMO, Cardiovascular Resuscitation, Critical Care Cardiology, Preventive Cardiology, Pulmonary Hypertension, Electrophysiology, Complex Arrhythmia Ablation, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation, and an Adult
Congenital and Cardiovascular Disease Program.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency and cardiology fellowship training program
- Board certified with the ABMS in Cardiology and board certified or board eligible in Interventional Cardiology.
- Required areas of expertise and advanced training and expertise in patient care management of interventional cardiology and ECMO population as well as proven knowledge and success in clinical research skills.
- Candidates should have experience in supporting medicine post-graduate fellowship training.
- Candidates should be recognized for the provision of clinical excellence, a publication track record of successful research, and experience and knowledge in grant submissions for external funding.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- International trained Interventional Cardiologists with significant interest in the proposed field are welcome to apply.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs
- Supported by the Regents Scholarship
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.