Location: Forney, Texas
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
As Activities Coordinator, youÂ will develop and implement programs that provide opportunities for residents to participate in events that maintain optimal levels of mental, physical, and social well-being.
- Personally and through recreation of staff members, evaluates the interest and abilities of residents and plans appropriate activities in terms of interest, needs and available personnel.
- Evaluates programming on an ongoing basis through surveys and direct interaction with residents and families. Encourages participation in resident council.
- Administers the departmentâ€™s Interest Survey.
- Communicates with the AL staff and SNF Activity Director on a regular basis to inform, exchange ideas, coordinate services and discuss format for individual and group programming. Also shares insight, information and reports responses and/or progress regarding residents, maintaining confidentiality when appropriate.
- Carries out large, small, and one-to-one events for the purpose of providing any and all of the following: a friendly visitor; sensory stimulation; reality orientation; cognitive stimulation. Informs residents and staff to changes in scheduled programming in a timely manner. Arranges transportation for events.
- Maintain member attendance records.
- Recognizes signs and symptoms which signify a change in condition that require nursing intervention and reports these changes to the appropriate channels. Shares resident information with staff on a need-to-know basis.Â Remains alert for conditions that threaten the safety and well being of staff and residents.Â Reports hazardous conditions to appropriate channels.
- Provides training for staff regarding Activities and volunteer services.
- Shares pertinent information with staff and volunteers on need-to-know basis.