Location: Miami, Florida
Admin / Clerical
Greets patients and families in person or on the telephone. Obtains demographic, third party payer, financial information, medical information, and identification to schedule or register the patient for services. Obtains authorization and collects payments when required.
Job Specific Duties
- Greets patients and families in person or on the telephone in a respectful and empathetic manner. Responds to questions and/or problems and keeps open lines of communication with patients/families.
- Interviews patients/families to obtain demographic, third party payer, financial/medical information, and identification to schedule, pre-admit/admit, or pre-register/register patients.
- Verifies third party payer information via the web or telephone.
- Requests and documents appropriate authorization for hospital and physician services via web or fax, and follows up until authorization is obtained.
- Documents all activities in the Collection Notes file of the computer system as appropriate.
- Obtains all necessary consents for patient.
- Directs families to appropriate location in the facility.
- Verifies patients are accompanied by legal guardian, and notifies Risk Management if patient is present with anyone other than legal guardian for any non-emergent visits.
- Notifies and educates patient/family of financial responsibility and documents collections in hospital system.
- Communicates with appropriate departments if any issues/questions arise and/or to accommodate any special needs for patients.
- Obtains and validates prescriptions when appropriate.
- Places and monitors patients arriving for outpatient services by using patient tracking system.
- Corrects any registration errors made utilizing the QA system.
- Scans all documents to the appropriate folder in the PEDS system.
- Schedules hospital and/or physician services as appropriate.
- Triages incoming facility inquiries and routes appropriately.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 1 year of customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of healthcare environment preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise, and courteous manner.
- Fluent in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to accurately enter and interpret data.
- Able to adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions in a pleasant manner.
- Able to serve customers with courtesy and respect.
- Able to learn and use system-wide hospital application(s).
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to follow complex written or verbal instructions to solve problems.
- Able to establish necessary professional relationships, interact, and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to effectively manage and use resources to successfully meet the competing deadlines of a variety of tasks, problems, and projects.
- Able to take and respond to on-call shift or shifts as assigned on weekdays, weekends, and holidays
Primary Location :
DORAL PATIENT ACCESS-2100-540905